Thursday, May 05, 2011

Updater

Sorry for the lack of updates on Mom but my computer got a virus and has been in the shop. She moved to "step down" today which is still within Riverside but is on the way out the door. She should be there a day or two then it will on to the LTAC which is still in Columbus. She's doing pretty well with her breathing and is mostly spontaneously breathing which means she is doing it on her own. There has been an issue with her kidneys but the doctors are hoping this has plateaued.

We are quite anxious to get her there so we can start the recovery process. Well, the recovery process plus we're hoping to get my Dad to leave the hospital to get a good night's rest once he leaves.

I feel like I could nap for an entire weekend myself so here's to recovery and rest for everyone!

2 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I'll toast to that with you! I know you have to be at your wits end, too! Hang in there!

Pat Jordan said...

Thanks for the update. Sure hope that the recovery moves smoothly. I do not know how your dad is doing it. He has to be exhausted. You are stretched pretty thin yourself. I do not know how you all are doing it. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.