Sunday, August 22, 2010

First stop: Cincinnati, Ohio and Blue Ash Chili

Where are we again, Mom? Read the sign, kids. You're at Blue Ash Chili!
Hey Mister, I can see you over the counter making my lunch. Can you hurry? A boy's gotta eat! (As an aside, yes, that is a fully extended Ernie pez dispenser that Luke is using to spy on the cook)

Aron chose the 5 way (for those of you interested, he turned down the onions option. We were all grateful for that)

This would be what's known as the Chili Philly. I didn't even eat half of it. Thanks, Guy. You steered us in the right direction!










First stop on our trip to the Smoky Mountains was to a restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. If you're unfamiliar with this show, you can watch it on the Food Network. Basically, a guy travels around the States visiting one of a kind restaurants and eating their specialties. I don't watch regularly but happened to be watching one night when a segment aired on Blue Ash Chili in Cincinnati. I've only been there a handful of times mostly as I'm passing through it on my way to somewhere else (sorry, Cinci).
.
Aron was lukewarm with following me on another one of my quests to try fun, new places until I showed him the video of the episode about the restaurant. Click on the video to watch it, too. This is also the restaurant where Aron has uttered the quote "Dang. Why do I only get one stomach?" I reassured him that although cows are purported to have 4 stomachs they, in fact, only have 1 actual stomach with 4 separate compartments in it. He responded "Yeah, I want one of those."
.
If you're interested, there's a complete list of the places Guy Fieri has visited on his show on the Food Network website.

No comments: