Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Truth be told I miss you...truth be told I'm lyin'

So we decided to go camping. There. I said it. It's out there for all the world to see.
I_went_ camping.
It was 7 of us all tucked into one Ford E-150 7 passenger van: 4 adults and 3 children age 5 and under.
The Driver

The Navigator aka GPS Jeff



The HB (or as it is known in my family The Habitual Bitcher) Seriously, I've warned you before, Aron, you make awful faces for your picture and I'll put them in the blog. It's like you're daring me to do it.


The 3 excited children (ok, so only one looks excited in this picture but trust me, they were all stoked).

The Good Sport (my glasses look a little askew but I was a good sport none-the-less).

If you listen closely, you can hear Aron (who moved to the Navigator position say "This sucks!" as we're listening to Willie Nelson's On The Road Again. Yes, the song truly came on the radio of its own accord.)

It was a looooong drive. Seriously long. Like it was supposed to take 6 hours IF you didn't stop every two minutes to take a bathroom break and IF you didn't have 66.6% of the children throwing up in the back of the van and IF you didn't get stuck in hellacious (can I say that on TV? did I even spell that right?) rainstorms and IF you didn't try to leave one of the children at, say, a Starbucks somewhere in West Virginia.

We left at 10 AM and got there about 6 PM at the Seneca State Forest!

I'd like to say I miss you Seneca State Forest but, well, I think the title speaks for itself.

4 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Of course, you know I'm one of your biggest blog fans ~ you are funny!! And the look on Aron's face ~ that would be my face and my words (this sucks) if I ever had to go camping!! Maybe Aron is related to me!!! Hope you had a good time when all was said and done! Aunt Alice

Anonymous said...

You had better not be knockin' your roots. Looks like paradise lookin' out from inside a cozy van. I don't see any roughin it. A couple more trips like this one and we can call you and Robin "mountain mamas'" goin' back to where you wanta' be - West Virginie. Poppy

Annie said...

Oh Poppy, clearly you need to come over and play at my house more often because all of those inside the van shots were taken in my driveway.

Dawn said...

Now this is funny!! Aron's 'This Sucks' topped it off... very appropriate.