Thursday, February 01, 2007

Who Knew Our Bathroom Is the Place To Be?

Yeah, that's a barrette in his hair. Ella just HAD to put it in. Whatever.

Ella and Luke have decided that the downstairs bathroom specifically the shower is a fun place to be. They like to run in and have Super Secret time which includes them running in, shutting the door, and sharing secrets. Luke doesn't have a whole lot to share but Ella more than makes up for him. Sometimes I get invited in but not always.

Last night I left the kids in the shower like this to have secret time. Ella had a Blues Clues toy (see also photo) and she was pretending to write on the wall of the shower with the pen part of the toy. I figured they would be fine in there while I went to the kitchen and made dinner. Seems easy enough, right? WRONG! I decided to check on them after about 15 minutes (please do not call Children's Services-I was only a couple feet away and I could hear them playing the whole time). Anyway, I checked in on them and somehow Ella had ditched her Blues Clues toy and grabbed a pencil instead and was drawing/writing all over the walls of the shower. I screamed ("ACK! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! We have a house showing this weekend!") put Ella in the corner and started scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing until I could scrub no more. Finally it came off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet there were a bunch of little A's all over the shower! That's what you get for teaching a 3 year old how to write my friend.