Thursday, May 01, 2008

Miss Lori a.k.a. the Pied Piper

Ella and her story hour buddy, Mason, hanging out by the ambulance. I know his father so I'm not sure how I feel about the holding hands part.


I think they're going to plow away the kids. YIKES! (Luke's in Ella's lap in this pic so you can't see her very well)

That's Miss Lori in the red. She's not much bigger than the kids...maybe that's why she's so darn relatable.


As I've mentioned several times during the course of this blog, my kids love Miss Lori who is the main librarian for story hour at the local library. I tell her all the time that I find her to be similiar to the Pied Piper. (You know, without all the death, rats, and putting the kids in the river and what not.) The concept is still the same. The kids all play around in the library until it's time for story hour which Miss Lori always starts with the same story hour song. Once she starts singing, the kids immediately put down what they were playing with, start to quietly walk toward the story hour room, and follow her in a line right into the room. It's kind of funny to watch, really.

Miss Lori had a special surprise for the kids yesterday. She had a guy from the Ohio Dept of Transportation come and tell them all about snow plows. She also had an ambulance come to show the kids what's in there and what the EMT does.

That Miss Lori...she's some sort of pint sized rock star to my kids.

1 comment:

The Kidwells said...

I'm laughing out loud about the pied piper. It is very funny to watch. Maybe we should try singing it at home and see how the kids react. I love the picture of Mason and Ella. They are just so darn cute!!!