Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reason #364 why I'm a bad parent.


(I'm sorry, I try to keep the blog clean cut but for this post, bad words are an essential part of the story).


So the other night, Aron and the kids and I were all coming home and parking our car in the driveway. I stepped out of the car and our kitty, KiKi, immediately started yelling at me about how long we had been gone and the fact that she wanted to be inside. I turned to Aron and said "That cat is such an H.B." In my house, H.B. stands for Habitual Bitcher. A Habitual Bitcher is someone who complains and complains and complains just for the sake of complaining (We all know someone like this, right? Maybe even more than one??). We've used the term H.B. for a while but we've also gotten into a habit of spelling bad words or just spelling things to each other that we don't want the children to know about. You know like do you want to get some i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m after dinner or do you think we should get Luke a r-o-c-k-e-t- for his birthday or Uncle Jeffy's such a j-a-c-k-a-s-s. You know, stuff like that.
Anyhoos, so Ella says "What's an H.B.?"

I say "Oh it's nothing...just a joke to Daddy with bad words. Not a biggie."

E says "Oh is that like when you call someone a-s-s?"


Well, s-h-i-t, I think I've been busted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You learned that from your mother, didn't you? I told her to cut out that bull#@*& when we took you to all those educational places. Hey Aron, hope you enjoyed the architecture of Cleveland stadium as your birthday present - watching the Browns in person sure wasn't a present because we already know they always play like #@*&. (see above for interpretation) Annie, see how easy it is to get your point across without spelling. P

Annie said...

Now THAT was actually funny, Dad. Good job, @sshole.

Anonymous said...

Laughing my @$% off at you two!!

mary e said...

I think the best 'busted' moment came when I was waiting tables the last time... I approached the table and while clearing dishes off, the dad mentioned that they would probably like to have some a-p-p-l-e p-i-e, I spelled back with i-c-e c-r-e-a-m? and before Dad could answer, the precocious little sweet sister of at least five years old sighed and said exasperatedly, "DAD! I can SPELL!!!" All the adults had to crack up! While the little brother was like 'huh'? Good times...

Tori :) said...

HAHA.... you actually used the phrase "uncle jeffy is a j-a-c-k-a-s-s" on the blog?!?