Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mean Girl

I try to ask Ella about her day at Pre-K on Tuesdays and Fridays so I can feel like I'm keeping up and if she gets in a habit of talking to me now maybe that will carry on into her scary teen years--a girl can dream, right?

A month ago or so, Ella said that there was a girl in her class that pushed her. We'll call her Casey. I asked Ella what happened. She said they were standing in line and the kid behind Casey pushed her and then Casey pushed Ella.

I'm not entirely certain that Casey wasn't just playing around but Ella did not like it at all.

Sometimes I'll try to see how Casey is just to see if she's a bully or if it was just the kids all playing around. Ella just usually shrugs her shoulders and says that she didn't hang around Casey that day so she doesn't know how she is. I asked Ella the other day how Casey was and she said "Mommy, I don't like to be around Casey. She's a mean girl and I don't want to be around her."

Who knew my kid would be so intuitive? Clearly Casey will be getting coal in her stocking this year.

No comments: