Monday, November 17, 2008

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

I'm ok with punching Uncle Jeffy but how do it do it with these?


Daddy's punching Uncle Jeffy, too?


Seriously, guys, still not understanding how to take these sticks and hit Jeffy. Why can't a boxer can't wear a ballet leotard? I like to think outside the box.
I'm done with this now, Daddy. Someone landed a punch at this exact moment. I'm not sure who it was.

Uncle Jeffy, Aunt Robbie, MyMy, and Chase brought over their Wii to play with us. Our family was novice Wii'ers but had been looking to get in the game for a little while (at least I had... Aron has a Wii at his work so he can do it whenever he needs a "creative break." Can you tell I'm in the wrong profession?).

Part of Ella's difficulty with the game may have been her blatent lack of aggression. We had to teach her how to punch and that she actually wanted to beat up on Jeffy.




Again, I took a video sideways. Sorry. It's still entertaining.

I think Santa may have to bring this for Christmas this year for me. I mean, for the KIDS. That's what I meant, the kids. It makes me think of the year that Santa brought Jeff and I the Atari 5200. I don't really remember asking for one (maybe Jeff did). What I do remember, though, is the fact that Santa was kind enough set it up to our large wood-framed television (you know you all had one. It sat on the floor and was about 5 feet wide and 5 feet deep with a dial to turn the channel. The screen was about 20 inches and the rest of the thing was wood. Awesome) before he went on to the next house. In fact, he was even nice enough to stick around and play a while on the system (clearly, he was entraced by the 5200's superior graphics) to make sure it wasn't a lemon and drink 3/4 of a can of Coke. I remember that the controller's and the box itself were still warm to the touch the next morning from the prior night's use . I remember my Dad being painfully sleepy the next day and I remember Mom being all crabby about the fact that "Santa" really shouldn't have been up so late into the night and that he wouldn't be so tired for Christmas day and could be awake to watch the children enjoy their gifts if he just would've come to bed. It's amazing how she always knew just what Santa needed on his Christmas vacation.

No comments: