Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not fair, not fair, not fair

I took this week off work so I could accomplish two things. 1.) I need to have some oral surgery to have a dental implant (click "dental implant" to learn more) put in. I made this appt two months ago and really want to get it started now because it's a multiple step procedure. Do I really want to get a titanium rod shoved into my jaw bone? No, but it's necessary to get my teeth looking normal again. 2.) I wanted to catch up on some things around the house. You know, organize some closets, catch up on laundry, that kind of thing.

As of today, I haven't been able to do anything around the house because I've been running a fever, have a cold, and have a horrible sore throat that make it hurt to swallow anything at all. I'm going to call the doctor's office this morning to see if I'm going to still be able to go through with the surgery tomorrow. My guess is that they will say no.

**Update**
I went to the doctor and I have strep throat so I'm unable to have the surgery tomorrow. If I could say curse words without it hurting like a mother, I would. Alas, I cannot so I will have to resort to the old standby----(*&%@#)(%*&@#$@()$&*@^*(!&!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you are ill and that things didn't go as planned. Hope you feel better soon!
Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

Thanks, AA. Now come on over and dip my entire house in Lysol to get rid of our germs : )

Anonymous said...

you are never to mention getting a titanium rod shoved into your jaw to me EVER, EVER again. got it? you know tooth stuff freaks me out! but aside from that, are you okay? you may answer. but your answer may not include the phrases "titanium rod" or "shoved into jaw"