Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I won't tell 'em your name*

The Enabler/The Squirrel
The Squirrel


*Names of those in this post have been changed.




Some things we don't share with others due to potential embarrassment to those involved. Like the fact that I secretly really like that Neil Diamond song "America." You know which one it is (On the boats and on the planes....they come into America...something something something something....they come into America...today!) Aron tells me that I shouldn't tell people that because it should be really embarrassing to me. Whoopsie! I guess my secret's out!

Anyhoos, I know a little boy (see also picture above) who likes to hide food around my house like a little squirrel. It's not usually that big of a deal. Usually, it's just a graham cracker here, a piece of cereal there. You know, something that it's going to leave too much of a lasting impression when I find it a few days later. Occasionally, there are not so desirable results (see also post of the old milk sippy that had turned into cheese).

So I went away with my friend last weekend (BTW, Happy Birthday Jamie and thanks to Con for the reminder). When I returned, I got out of the car and drug some bags in the house with me. I noticed that my tennis shoes were sitting by the back door. When I walked by my shoes, I noticed that about 10-15 little gnats flew out of my shoe. Knowing this was a new development because there were no gnats in my shoe when I had last wore them, I asked Aron if he knew anything about the gnats in my shoe. He said "Oh yeah. Sorry about that. Luke put a banana in your shoe a couple days ago and it's still in there."

Why, oh why, would The Enabler let The Squirrel put a banana in my shoe then not take it out?? Why does the fact that his kid is part squirrel not embarrass him?
ACK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just really gross! The enabler should be ashamed of himself!