Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I think I might be nominated for Mother of the Year after this

The present in question.
Ella went to a birthday party last Saturday. It was one of her friends from pre-school, we'll call her Velma. Ella was very excited to be going to this party because she's one of her closest friends at pre-school. I took her to Meijer to pick out a gift a couple weeks ago. I don't really know Velma or her family so this makes picking out a gift pretty hard. So, I had Ella choose a basket and told her to fill it up with a bunch of girly stuff for Velma. You know, like glittery nail polishes, lip gloss, barrettes, etc. She had a BLAST going from aisle to aisle in the store putting things in there. She carried that basket full of goodies around the store like it was a trophy! We got to the check out and the cashier asked her questions about how she designed the basket and after scanning each thing, put everything back in its place (what a great cashier!). After we got home, we wrapped it in clear cellophane and ribbons. She could hardly wait 2 weeks to give it to her. (As a side note, if any of my readers ever need a gift for Ella, she would LOVE to get something like this.)
She went to pre-school after we bought the gift and told her other friend, Daphne, about the gift. Ella said that Daphne's eyes got really big when she told her about the gift and told Ella that her mom would NEVER let her do something like that. Ella said that her mom would. Daphne again said her mom would never even think about letting her do this.
As Ella told me about the exchange, I asked her if I was Velma's friend. She said no. I asked her if she was Velma's friend and she said yes. I told her that she was the best person to pick out Velma's gift because she is her friend and I am not. I then asked her what we've learned from this. Her response?

"MY MOM IS AWESOME!"

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

Daphne and Velma? Really? What does that make Ella? Shaggy? Freddie? Maybe Scooby?