Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Seriously?

This kid has a serious memory. She doesn't just remember the good things like when I tell her we can go to the park or that she can have ice cream after dinner. She remembers ALL things. This morning I was getting ready to go to story hour with the kids. My bangs weren't cooperating so I need to use some hair spray. I super rarely use hair spray. I've probably owned the same can for the last 3 years (Shh! Don't tell anyone). The last time I used it was probably for the Sharpie marker incident of '07--see also Top 6 reasons why Luke is lucky God made him cute...and what we can learn from it... Anyway, I sprayed my hair this morning while Ella was standing next to me. She turned to me and said "It smells like Monica's wedding." Um, 'scuse me? Monica's wedding (to my cousin BJ) was 18 months ago in Nov 2006. See also Wedding Bells Are Ringing, Baby post. Seriously, how does she remember a smell from so long ago? Until I had Luke, I thought all kids were like this. From a very early age, she would remember the littlest things. From about age 6-7 months, I would ask her where she put her sippy cup and she would know exactly where it was. Even if she had left it in an unusual place (like in a cupboard or in the refrigerator).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your little girl looks so much like grandma linda!!!!! i enjoy your blog, annie!! you're pretty funny!! ALICE

Anonymous said...

it's probably because the wedding was a big deal, and one of the last times hairspray was used for something that someone in your household didn't get into trouble for...